Monday, February 20, 2012

Rear coil springs

Finally chased a good set set of rear coil springs down. Hopefully I will get them later this week and I can get them cleaned up and installed. The rear driver's side is bad, and the wagon is sitting about 2 inches lower on the that corner.

I ended up buying used because new are not available unless I have them custom made. The cost to do so is over $200 plus the shipping, and I just couldn't justify that cost on a project I paid $1,300 for. Got the used ones for $60 shipped to my door from someone I have bought from before with good results.

Now I just need to run through the steering after I get the wagon back in the garage and pull things apart for installing the disc brakes. Guess I won't be surprised if a ball joint or tie rod is needed, but it will be an easy job at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment