Sunday, February 19, 2012

Brakes almost done ... next, the console

I'm working on wrapping up the brakes and spindles for the conversion tonight. Almost finished with blasting and painting parts. Below is a picture of the completed first side. I was able to salvage both rotors, and although the pistons would compress in the calipers, I decided to buy remanufactured ones. At only $21 apiece, it didn't seem like it was worth the effort or the risk in trying to clean/blast them. The inner and outer bearings both looked pretty good, but I opted to replace them as they have been sitting for some time.



Next up will be the console. I want to refinish that before I bring it in the house. I got a chance to go over it with the shop vac earlier today. All the usual stuff: broken glass, 1/2" think gunk in the seat belt buckle storage recesses, and a smattering of mouse poop.

Next posting I will get some pics of the cleaned up console, and what repairs need to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment