Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Console and bucket seats...

Just got the bucket seats and center console I purchased for the wagon. They are from a '68 Galaxie and need a little help, but lots of good stuff. Really nice trim. Seat tracks work when the seller thought they were frozen up, and the foam is in good condition. The console looks like it's in good shape also. There is a pretty large crack that I will need to repair up on the front driver's side, and the ash tray lid is missing off the back. Otherwise should just be a matter of cleaning and some minor adjustments.

As a nice, unexpected surprise ... the seller included the automatic trans shifter and floor hump. Both need work, but both I think can be salvaged! Not a bad score for under $200!

My interior is parchment, and I like that, so the seats will be reupholstered in parchment to match. The dashpad is factory black, and I'm not positive how the console was treated in the Galaxie / Monterey / Marauder lines, but I'm thinking I will redye in black. Definitely have some cleaning to be done. Apparently a previous owner was a smoker and the ash tray is still loaded. Blech!




No comments:

Post a Comment