Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Got the seat belt reinforcements

Got a box in the mail yesterday with my seat belt reinforcements. I need to remove the sheet metal that is still attached and then run them through the blast booth to clean them up and prep them for installation for the third row seats.



Come to think of it, it is just about time to start removing the belts from the car, wash all them, and get them ready for installation. I was able to pick up some parchment colored belts that are correct for a '67. They are the deluxe belts which just makes them expensive. If you are ever parting out a car, don't overlook something like the seat belts. a good full set of deluxe belts from the '60s can easily go over $200 with the hardware, and over $300 if they have been detailed.

Since my car was a 6-passenger wagon originally, I need to get two belts for the third row seats I added. As it turns out, they didn't install a center belt for the front or second row seats either, but doing the bucket seat swap will eliminate the need for an additional front belt, so I ended up getting enough to do three additional passengers.

All of this will be going in the vehicle when I pull the car back in the garage hopefully in the next week or so so I can install my freshly restored disc brakes, front and rear springs, new suspension bushings, drop the trans to clean, replace the fuel line, add seat belts for third row, and detail the engine compartment.

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment