Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Front End Clean Up, Part 2...

I was able to get the first coat of Rust Encapsulator on the underside of the wheelhouse yesterday. It was much cooler than the other day when I did the radiator support, but the dry time was still crazy fast. The net result is you really don't have much work time at all to smooth out your brush marks or should you get get any extra build up on a corner or a drip.

Work fast. Work neat. Accept that you will have some brush marks, or you can spray it. It is also available as an aerosol can, but it would be VERY expensive to cover large areas that way. I picked up a can to help get into areas that I might not otherwise reach with a brush.

Tonight I need to spend some time on fasteners. I have 5 groups soaking in my rust treatment solution and most of them should be ready to come out. I also hope to get the top side of the wheelhouse painted with Rust Encapsulator this afternoon. After that, it will be a coat of Eastwood's Extreme Chassis Black! Hope to never see rust again on this thing when it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment