Monday, March 5, 2012

Console restored (with pictures!)...

As promised, here are some pictures of the console. It might not be award-winning for a show car, but for a driver I am very pleased with how it turned out. If you look back several posts, I have a few "before" pictures. I still have to finish the metal mounting plates and will get to those next time I'm doing so blasting.

The plastic parts of the console were painted using Krylon Fusion paint. The softer molded parts (like the front console door) were done with Dupli-Color Vinyl and Fabric paint. I have had better results using the Dupli-Color for the soft materials. There is the slightest difference in tone between the two blacks, but it is so slight that you will only be able to notice it if viewing it in very bright light and you are looking for it. I'm very particular about color, and I have no issue using the two different paints.

Last thing is I am very careful about painting the underside of the console as well. I mask off areas that shouldn't be painted, and get good coverage and finish so it looks like it came from the factory in black.

Enough talk, here are the photos!





No comments:

Post a Comment