Monday, April 2, 2012

More work on clean up...

Well, I finished the clean up on the fasteners and they turned out great. I decided to let them sit a couple of days in the solution and they were spotless after they came out of the solution.

I also worked on the one spring assembly. It is painted and I got the spring painted up as well. There is a trick to it which I will share when I do the opposite side.




The pics above are in process.

I finished up the Rust Encapsulator on the one wheel house. I decided to spray the top side so there would be no brush marks. It turned out very nice, so I will do the same with the other side as well which is now half way stripped. I will been to do a little metal work on this side, however since it is the battery side and they is a little damage to repair. The firewall with be sprayed as well when it is ready, but the rest of the underside will be brushed wherever possible.

In other news, I found a serpentine belt set up off of a later model 460 that I picked up and will give a try at using. I think it will make for a different look.

I am also going to get the bucket seats and floor shifter going. The shifter hump needs a small amount of repair, but is very minor. The tough part will be repairing the shifter arm. The lower section is gone, and I had to buy a floor shifter from a Mustang so I can cut off the bottom and repair it.

More pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment