Sunday, June 17, 2012

Starting To Install Shifter...

The new carpet came on Thursday and I wanted to get it opened up and check the fit, so Friday while the kids were napping I pulled the carpet and sound-deadener out. Thinks were pretty filthy, but the floors look amazing! For 45 years old, there is only light rust staining in a couple spots by the seams.




This is why you buy cars from the South and out West. It cost me about $800 to have it shipped here, but if this needed new floors and had the typical rot you see from midwest cars, you would easily pay that in repairs.

I also took this opportunity to cut the hole for the floor shifter. Got to use my new "nibbler" for the hole. What a great tool. Especially if you like 10,000 tiny crescent shaped razor sharp slivers of metal. But, it did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment