Thursday, June 14, 2012

Engine and Trans Installed!

This past weekend I spent half a day getting everything set and installed the engine (long block) and trans in the car, but not before adding a B&M shift kit and installing a new Lokar shift arm so I can convert over to a floor shift.

The shift kit took a while to do, but was pretty straight forward. The shift arm is a dream - what a great product! If I don't have to stay stock, I will never worry about trying to find a correct stock part for the shift linkages again. Great quality and well engineered. The only downsides were it it is much larger than a factory shift arm, so clearance could be an issue (I had to flip mine backward from what I had intended to clear the tunnel) and the price - it was $65 which is roughly double what I could have paid for other alternatives, but this looks great and is very well engineered.

More to come to get things up to date...




No comments:

Post a Comment