Thursday, June 14, 2012

Starting On the Headers

I've decided that I really didn't want to put the old truck exhaust manifolds back on the car. They are ugly and are quite possibly the worst performing manifolds available for the car. Even after taking time to port one of them I'm just not convinced that I will be happy with them.

So, I've decided to add headers. There's a couple of problems with that: the headers hang very low, and they start at $369 + shipping!

For my family cruiser wagon I really don't want exhaust that I am having to weld skid plates on to, so I decided to go another route - I bought a kit to make my own. I must be out of my mind! But, we're going to give this a whirl. Below are a couple of pics of where I am at as of last night. I am starting with the hard side. I figure if I can do this side, the other side is a cake walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment