Saturday, April 7, 2012

More Paint Work and Minor Assembly!

Well, I'm finally getting to see the fruits of my labors on a few things. I have completed the hood hinge for one side of the car and it looks awesome! See the picture showing the un-restored passenger's side hinge vs. the restored driver's side.



I can now take do the passenger's side. When I get ready to paint that one I will show a trick on how to remove and paint the spring. I also have finished up rebuilding one of the upper control arms. I had to straighten out where one of the bushings go, but 10 minutes in the garage with a sledge, a section of a 4x4 and 2x4 did the trick!






New bushings and a new ball joint were installed. The bushings went in easily thanks to the addition of my new bushing removal/installation tool. It's really just an over-glorified C-clamp with some fittings, and an open end, but it works great. It wasn't cheap, but I'm glad I got it.

I still need to break out the welder for a couple of very small repairs. One to the frame, one to a weld nut on the inner wheelhouse on the passenger's side under the battery tray. Tomorrow I will be painting the A/C condensor. I cleaned it up today and hit it with Rust Fix, so it should be ready for a top coat of gloss black lacquer tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to get some additional pics of completed work as I go. So far the front end is looking like it will very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment