Thursday, May 17, 2012

Restoring and painting the front frame...

Okay, it has been way too long between posts, but I have gotten quite a bit done. But I get to talk with pictures (click them for the full-sized image) today, so here we go!

I finished cleaning up the front end. Not perfect, but that wasn't my goal. It will be very nice, watch and see! The first step after everything had been degreased, wire-wheeled, and wiped down was to spray everything with rust converter.





Next I used Eastwood Products Internal Frame Coating to get in all of the tight spaces. Then a coat of Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator. 





Before top-coating, I went ahead and hit the seams with new seal sealer and body putty.


And finally a coat of Eastwood's Extreme Chassis Black. It is lookin' good now. I need to finish up cleaning up some parts for the reassembly!

I will post more pics of progress as they become available.

Thanks!

1 comment: