Sunday, May 14, 2017

Ack! Found rust!

Just finished making a quick, surprise repair. I decided to do a little cleaning out of the spare tire well when taking a break from sanding. Started to dig out the old seam sealer and gunk when my screwdriver went through.

After cleaning it up, I needed a patch on the underside at the seam roughly 2.5" wide and about 6" long. Then a second patch about 1.5" square on the under side of the quarter panel where it lined up with the other seam.

Overall, a pretty easy repair, but tough on the knees and back leaning over the back of the car to work in the spare tire well. Also, welding over your head is never any fun. I just need a small dab of filler to make it smooth and it will be good to go.

Also hoping that the weather will clear up for this weekend, or I'm going to have to push out 2k application until the next weekend! Grrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment