Saturday, September 8, 2012

Delayed again, but ...

Well, the 5th slipped to the 6th, but the covers are now on their way here. Looks like Monday and I will finally be able to get started on covering the seats.

So, I finally had to get around to prepping them for new covers. This means reapplying the burlap with wire supports. I have found rear seats and bench seats can be an excellent source for large, very clean, original pieces to do your seats. A few hog nose rings and they were ready to cut. Using the hog nose ring cutters that I have to trim the steel wires, I followed the perimeter trimming them, then floowed back up with scissors for the burlap.






On to the opposite side and repeat.





And before the foam can go on, I add a perimeter of 2" thick poly roll cut in roughly 3" wide strips. These will help prevent the covers from being torn by the frame and distribute some of the pressure so they will look smoother along that edge.



Good news is, I shouldn't really have to do much of anything with the middle or third row seats. Hopefully more to post on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment